Saturday, December 6, 2008

New Beginnings ♥






















My sisters and I planted a small Oak tree in the house I grew up in when I was ten years old. That darn tree never seemed to grow - even though I aged quickly. I drove by my old house today (since it's only two minutes down the street from where I reside now) and it was huge. I had the urge to park the car on the street and just walk up to it - so I did. I stood underneath it and looked up and just smiled. It was such a great feeling since I knew what it looked like when I planted it and now I saw it so beautiful and large. However, it brought me to realizing that we are all in a constant state of growth. Whether it's physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually. I look back at my life one year ago, and I had never in my wildest dreams would have pictured my life to be the way it is today.

New Beginnings, in my opinion, is that time where you feel like you have a fresh start at something new. This could be a new career, a new addition to the family like a baby or a pet, a loved one (coming or going), or simply just an "A-HA" moment that awakens your soul and makes you feel rejuvenated.

New Beginnings often have a high/low feeling. You first feel the excitement and it's overwhelming, but then you experience the lower feeling of anxiousness, nervous-ness, and constant thoughts of wonderings. However, these New Beginnings are great for your Being. They allow you to look at your past - reflect on it - and then take a deep breath and let it all go, for you are now, a *new* person.

Instead of focusing on New Years Resolution's typical goals like losing weight, and becoming more organized - focus on bettering yourself from the inside out... accept yourself for who you are, and allow yourself to grow.

Plant the seed to your future, and watch it grow into a beautiful, large tree because everyone deserves a New Beginning ♥

2 comments:

Matt Vassallo said...

i was fortunate enough to be able to do the same thing with a tree. it's quite amazing how big those beasts get. makes me feel quite insignificant in comparison.

Charliewall said...

u have read my mind... what a beautifully written post.. wow