Monday, November 23, 2009

True Bliss is Internal Peace

Word of the Day: Peace

It's been a little while since I've posted - I've been trying to remain busy and productive with school and the Business. We are now approaching the Holiday week with Thanksgiving in a few days. I will be celebrating Thanksgiving in a much different way this year - but I will get to that shortly.

This weekend was a fun one: Friday evening was not very eventful but it was a much needed down-time. On Saturday morning, I had my Body Sculpting class, one client, and then did a 3-mile Walk around Crescent Lake Park with a few clients who wanted to "test" out the distance. Afterwards- I was literally just exhausted. Oddly though- because prior to the walk, I had lots of energy. After I got home, I relaxed and took a light nap before going out for the night. It was Monica's 25th Birthday - one of my closest girlfriends.. and she wanted to celebrate before honkey-tonkey'ing it at the Waterin' Trough. It was a good time. I saw many faces that I haven't been able to see lately. However, I didn't pull back into my house until 2:00am and I had the 5K Run with my clients in the AM. WOW... sleep is overrated...

5:45am I barely was able to roll outta bed, get dressed and start prepping for the event. I met my clients at 6:30am near the race start. There were 13 of them. I was sooo proud of all of them for being able to complete the event.. everyone was able to finish under 1 hour. I also had two clients who were doing the Half Marathon! You go girls!

By the time 9pm rolled around on Sunday evening - I was beyond ready for sleep but school stuff prevailed unfortunately. Now it's Monday ~ and I received an email this AM from my horoscope that read "True Bliss is Internal Peace"... this is soooo true. When you are happy with yourself within - everything else that may seem to be going wrong just isn't so bad.

I try to tell my clients that sometimes they need to work on their INSIDE before they can begin to work on their OUTSIDE fitness. Inside meaning the mental and emotional portion of their health. Getting rid of stress, relaxing at times and being in a stable relationship.. can all contribute to getting off the extra pounds when one starts a regimen.

This week - Danny and I will be heading to Branson, Missouri - we will be taking my Grandma there to see her brother and sister (my aunt and uncle). We leave Wednesday AM and we will be back around Sunday PM. The drive will be LONG but in the end - it will be worth it! :) I'm sad that I'll be missing the holidays with my parents and sisters but I think that this trip will be so good for my Grandma.

Until next time....

No comments: